Thank You Cards – What to Write
If you are to send out Thank You cards, then you should do so approx. 2-3 months after your wedding. Of course, you will need to wait for your photos to be edited by your photographer.
You should send these to everyone that attended your wedding and anyone that made your day as perfect as it was. ie. Your bridal party, ushers, photographer, band, hair & makeup, dress, etc
What do thank you cards look like?
There are a few options when it comes to your Thank You cards.
• Flat card with or with envelopes
• Folded card with our without envelopes
• Postcard style with your guests names printed on the back
These can be styled to compliment your wedding invitations and have up to 8 images.
You can include a personalised message or just have a generic message printed directly on them for ease and convenience.
Another option is to include a thank you message as part of your table stationery, either on the table card or as part of the place setting. This all depends on your style & the amount of room on your table.
Check out our Thank You card here
Have you been struggling with a thank you card wording?
You are probably thinking – What else can I say other than “thank you for coming!”?
You are here because you are looking for some wording ideas for your thank you cards.
It doesn’t have to be extravagant. Or does it?
When it comes to a thank you card, your friends and family would much rather be reading something from the heart.
Try writing something that is more personal. Perhaps something they can relate to.
Ok let’s get into it, here are 7 wording ideas for your wedding thank you cards:
Here are a few examples
- From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank you for sharing in the celebration of our wedding. We felt the love and sincerity all around us which made it the most memorable day of our lives.
- We are grateful for your presence, warm wishes and your generous gift and look forward to sharing many more memories with you.
- From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank you for celebrating our special day with us and making it the most memorable day of our lives. From sweating it out together during the ceremony, to dancing the night away in the rain, we definitely felt the love from you all on the day. We can’t wait for our trip to Europe at the end of June, which wouldn’t be possible without all of your generous gifts. We look forward to starting the next chapter of our lives together and sharing many more memories with you all!
- Thank you so much for celebrating with us at our wedding. It was the most wonderful day of our lives. It would not have been the same without you! We are truly grateful for your generosity & presence on our special day.
- Thank you for being a part of our lives and supporting us through our journey. We were so blessed to have you celebrate and be a part of our Wedding day. Thank you for your abundant generosity and kindness with your gift, we are beyond grateful.
- We love you and can’t wait to celebrate the future with you!”
Are you a bit late to the party of sending your thank you cards out to your friends and family?
Hey no biggie really. Don’t feel embarrassed that you’re only sending them a thank you card a year later.
Why? Because it will be a lovely surprise for them to receive your thank you card now.
I promise you, it will make their day getting your thank you card on an uneventful day! People are so used to getting bills in the mail that a lovely thank you card really brightens their day. It will also help them relive your wonderful wedding day all over again!
IDEAS FOR BELATED THANKS
- One year ago we began our lives together. It was the most wonderful day of our lives and it would not have been the same without you! We are truly grateful for your generosity and presence on our special day!
- We sincerely thank you for sharing with us the special moments of our wedding day. Your thoughts, generous gifts and good wishes made our day an occasion we will always cherish.
- From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank you for sharing in the celebration of our wedding. It was the best day of our lives and we could not have imagined the day without your presence.
- We are blessed to have you in our lives and we are so grateful for your wishes and generous gift. We look forward to sharing more memories with you in the future.
- Thank you for celebrating our special day with us and making it one of the most memorable days of our lives.
- From the moment you first saw the Groom in his suit, to playing games on the lawn, laughter and tears of happiness during the speeches, to dancing the night away. You made our day so special and one we will never forget.
- We are also truly grateful for your generosity and kindness of your wedding gift. Thank you!
- We look forward to sharing many more memories with you all.
IDEAS FOR SPECIFIC WORDING
Thank you for attending
Thank you so much for being there on our wedding day, you helped make it truly unforgettable. It meant the world to us that we could celebrate with you. We hope you enjoyed the day as much as we did.
Kylie and Steven
Thank you for the gift
Thank you for being there on our wedding day. Having our friends and family there made the day truly unforgettable. We were so happy to receive the lovely crockery set that you so kindly gave to us. We look forward to using it for years to come.
Sara and Johnno
Thank you for the gift when the guest could not attend
We are so sorry that you weren’t able to make it to our wedding. We had a lovely day and were thinking about you. We would like to make sure that you know how much you were missed and that we are so appreciative for the gift that you sent us.
Michael and Peta
Thank you for the gift of money
Thank you so much for attending our wedding!
We had a lovely day and were so happy that you were there. We are so grateful for your generous gift, that we will be adding to our honeymoon fund. We will be sure to send you a postcard. Thanks again for joining us to celebrate our marriage.
Olivia and Owen
Thank you for attending a destination wedding
We are so grateful that you travelled so far to be with us on our wedding day. We know that it was a long trip, but it meant the world to us that you were there. You helped make our wedding day truly special.
Olivia and Owen
Thank you to the bridesmaids or groomsmen
Thank you for all your help before and on our wedding day! We loved having you by our sides for this important occasion and were so happy that you could share in the celebrations. Thanks for helping to make our wedding day unforgettable. We couldn’t have done it without you!
Lots of love,
Olivia and Owen
DO’S & DON’T’S of THANK YOU CARDS
- Send your wedding thank you cards within the first three months after the wedding.
- Send wedding thank you cards to everyone, not just those who gave you a gift. Not everyone can afford to give you a gift at your wedding, given that they may have paid a lot of money on travel and accommodation to attend your big day. Let people know that their attendance meant the world to you and you can even let those who couldn’t attend know that you were thinking about them!
- Include details on your wedding thank you cards. If someone gave you a specific gift then make sure you mention it in your thank you note for a more personal touch.
- Add a typed message to save some time but don’t forget to make your cards personal. Sign off your cards by hand and add mention of the specific gifts in your best penmanship.
- Specify the amount of money given but DO mention how you are going to use it.
- Forget to make a note of every card or gift that you receive to make writing wedding thank you cards easier.
- Forget those who helped you plan the wedding, even if they couldn’t make it on the day!
- Go it alone. Writing your wedding thank you cards should be a team effort with your new husband or wife. Share out the workload, letting each express their gratitude in their own way.